Acts 3:11-26: Speak to the onlookers
Discussion notes based on the sermon preached the evening of 12-6-22
Read the passage (Acts 3:11-26) again and don’t forget to start your meeting in prayer.
Particularly ask that the Holy Spirit would guide your discussion and help you to apply what is said in Scripture to your lives today. Sermons are available on the St John’s website or YouTube channel.
Acts 3.11-26 SPEAK to the onlookers
Introduction: the opportunity to speak of Jesus is great!
1. Jesus as our prophet came to speak
2. Three ‘C’s’ to speak of Jesus
– Confidence in the good news of Jesus to save
– Courage to speak despite opposition
– Compassion to speak with love
3. Compassion requires us to…
– Remember what we were without Jesus
– Respectful speaking to others
– Relentless in introducing Jesus
QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION
Think of your different spheres of activity – perhaps your work or your studies, your family or friends, your neighbours or the people with whom you pursue a sport or hobby:
1. In what ways do you see a great opportunity today to speak to them about Jesus?
2. Using the passage, discuss what is our role in speaking of Jesus and what is His role? Why is this important?
3. Of the three ‘C’ which do you feel you need the most?
4. Read Isaiah 42.1-4, Matthew 9.35-38 and Mark 2.1-12. What do these show us about the 3 ‘R’?
Pray now for God to show you moments in your everyday life where you can speak of Jesus and have the confidence, courage and compassion to seize them.
Pray for three people you would like to speak to about Jesus.