Dear church family,
‘You my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.’ Galatians 5:13
Freedom Day, as it was dubbed, has passed and we are now entering a different phase of the pandemic, not only as a nation but also as a church. For some, change will be a worrying time, especially as we see cases of C-19 rising, yet for others, change has been a long time coming! As someone who is now in isolation because of C-19 I sympathise with both sentiments, with feelings of concerns and frustration.
Each of us will need to bear with one another in Christ, just as Paul says to the Galatians, who have a new found freedom in Christ, not to use their new found ‘freedom to indulge the sinful nature’ but ‘rather to serve one another in love’. My prayer is that we will be really mindful of each other’s needs as we come together to worship on Sunday. Please reflect on how others will be feeling as they come to the services with a number of changes, let us be considerate, let us be kind, let us seek not to use our new-found freedom to run over how others might be struggling with the changes – let us do it out of love!
Having considered this matter carefully we will be encouraging cautious returning to normality in the following ways, please take careful note of the following:
– The wearing of face masks is no longer required, but some may wish to continue to do so.
– Hand sanitiser will still be available at the entrance to church but there will no longer be a register for track and trace.
– For the time being, the benches will remain as they are in order to provide some social distance as we ease back together. Before sitting next to someone, please check with them first, they may wish to keep some distance.
– Bibles will now be available in the benches in front of you and no longer need to be quarantined.
– For the time being, ventilation will be maintained with both north and south doors open.
– Singing will now be permitted, this is a great joy, but again please bear in mind those around you who may be more cautious.
– After the service, we will be maintaining the one way system for now and encourage fellowship outside. We are not yet in a position to provide refreshments.
Holiday at Home
for seniors, click here for information: Holiday@Home
Holiday Club Café – Holiday Club Café will run alongside Kids Holiday Club starting this Tuesday 27th July. Please join us on the lawn around the Rose Garden at the front of Church.
Greenwich Foodbank are in desperate need of more drivers to help with food deliveries – please contact Kathy Byfield firstname.lastname@example.org
With love and prayers, Eddie.