Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
It has been wonderful to begin meeting again for in-person 6pm services! Here’s a snippet of what it’s been like… We’ve had 25-35 of us, with several more watching online simultaneously. The good weather has helped us talk together outside afterwards! With needing to keep our spacing, we’ve been pausing, reflecting, listening to encouragement from God’s Word, and singing to God not with our voices but from our hearts. In fact, that’s how the Apostle Paul puts it: “Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Ephesians 5:19-20). We thank God for giving us hearts to praise him with!
I’d love to encourage you to join us if you can. Here’s the practical guidance (revised bits in bold):
- If you feel unwell, please do not attend.
- If you are worried about attending, please feel under no obligation to attend.
- Please bring your own face-mask, to be worn throughout the service.
- There will be no pew Bibles, so please bring your own or use your phone (church wifi details: name St John’s Guest, passwordWelcome0511).
- There will be no refreshments, but you are welcome to bring your own water bottle and take it away with you.
- It really helps if you arrive early!
- On arrival you will be greeted by the welcome stewards and asked to use the hand sanitiser.
- You will then be asked to register attendance for “track and trace” either manually or by using the QR code (only one person per household needs to do this).
- Then you will be directed to your seat via the one-way system (filling up from the front is a great help).
- Once seated, please limit any movement around the building. Households, please remain together; household hubs can sit together.
- Toilet facilities are available.
- Sadly, we are not yet permitted to sing during the service but there will be live music for prayer and reflection
The return to 6pm services is also helping us plan for in-person morning services – we will be in touch with you about these in due course.
We are delighted that about 60 children took part in our online Holiday Club this week. We are grateful to God, to Sophie for organising, and to everyone who helped – thank you!
Do continue to pray for Holiday at Home for 35 seniors, which began yesterday and continues on Thursdays in August. It involves activity packs, telephone conversations and looking at the book of Esther in the Old Testament.
A reminder that you can subscribe to regular St John’s prayer requests sent straight to a smartphone, via the nifty app PrayerMate: http://praynow4.org/st-johns-blackheath.
As always, if you’d ever like to contact us for support or prayer, do write to our Pastoral Hub via email@example.com.
With love in Christ,
Don’t forget to join us straight after church for our weekly virtual refreshments. We’d love to see you, catch up & chat.
Meeting ID: 875 8169 6484